2.7Quality and Regulatory
SBM Offshore is committed to performing its business in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and to delivering products and services meeting all related regulatory requirements as well as any applicable specifications and requirements imposed by relevant Stakeholders.
As part of the Group Execution Functions, the newly combined Quality & Regulatory Management function is dedicated to ensuring that such objectives are consistently and reliably met by SBM Offshore in the course of its core business performance, notably through:
- Promoting a Quality and Compliance culture across the Organization and ensuring appropriate behaviours from each and every employee
- Ensuring compliance of with relevant International Standards (including but not limited to ISO 9001) and in turn ensuring compliance of the Company’s Organization and business activities with
- Providing systematic identification of applicable regulatory requirements and ensuring actual follow-up by the Company’s Organization
- Ensuring that conformity, compliance and acceptance of the Company products and services are effectively achieved and maintained throughout their lifecycle
- Extension of SBM Offshore’s ISO 9001 certification to now include ’Management of Operations’ by the Company’s Operations division
- Launch of Quality-specific initiatives in the context of SBM Offshore’s Journey to Excellence, including notably the development of Quality Rules (to be deployed in 2017)
- Likewise, launch of a Cost-of-Non-Quality initiative involving the development of new processes and improvement of detailed investigations (not limited to specific Quality Incidents)
- Regulatory watch and research as required to support Company’s Win, Execute and Operate1 activities
- In terms of actual regulatory performance, all Company offshore facilities have been duly accepted by all relevant Authorities and Regulators, with all relating permits, licenses, authorizations, notifications and certificates duly granted and maintained valid at all times. Company offshore facilities have also remained in Class at all times as required from both statutory and insurance perspectives.
Strategy and targets
The following objectives have been set for 2017:
- Leading contribution to the Company’s Journey to Excellence, notably with respect to quality and regulatory compliance culture & leadership;
- Reduction of Costs-of-Non-Quality through the development and implementation of a comprehensive program (including but not limited to processes) focused on preventing and mitigating future occurrences across Company’s Win, Execute and Operate activities;
- ISO 9001 certification renewal and upgrade to the ISO 9001:2015 revision;
- Revamping of Company’s Management Review process to make it more robust and effective;
- Enhanced coordination of audit activities across all assurance functions and business entities for a more effective use of resources and a less disruptive interface with business activities;
- Maintenance of an effective regulatory watch and interface with Regulators, supporting innovation and new ventures as necessary.