Operational Governance of the Company is further supported by Group Execution Functions which encompass all key operational and assurance functions involved in SBM Offshore core business activities.
Such Functions have a key role in ensuring a coordinated, consistent and effectively controlled approach to core business across Group entities, notably through:
- functional governance and leadership within the corresponding communities (distributed across entities) and vis-à-vis other Functions;
- development and maintenance of a Global Enterprise Management System (GEMS) as introduced in section 3.9.1;
- implementation of key improvement initiatives as introduced under section 2.7 led by a team dedicated to Operational Excellence;
- development of reporting systems and tools to ensure effective control and performance monitoring
- standardization of ways of working
- specific focus on the overall product life cycle (from concept to decommissioning through delivery and operation), notably based on a cross-functional gate process and internal arbitration if necessary
- direct and active involvement in the qualification/validation of suppliers and subcontractors as part of Strategic Sourcing activities
- governance of partly-owned fabrication yards through the corresponding Governance and Management structure
- coordinated assurance activities related to and underlying Industry Standards (e.g. ISO 9001), focusing on management system compliance, effectiveness and business performance;
- coordinated assurance activities focusing on product conformity vis-à-vis applicable Regulations, Rules, Technical Standards and other applicable requirements;
- involvement of independent 3rd Parties as Certification, Verification or Classification Bodies.
A detailed Certification & Classification Table is provided in Section 6.4 , mapping SBM Offshore compliance with International Certification Standards and Classification Rules.